Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Letter to Danny - December 31, 2011

Hello :

Happy New Year Darling.  I never would have dreamed last year at this time as we were enjoying having our family over and celebrating the New Year that this year it would be without you

My mind is traveling back to December 31, 1972.  I had been to Albertsons and picked up food for that night.  It was while I was shopping that the labor pains started.  At about 12:35 the morning of January 1, 1973 our Rainee was born.  We had decided to name her Rainee because I loved the rain so much.  It was also ironic that it was raining that morning.  It was after we were home from the hospital and were watching "A Star is Born" that we decided to have her middle name be "Content" after the Susan Hayward character.  She would later tell her friends that we were hippies and that is why we named her so.  Unfortunately, she was not the first baby born so we did not get any prizes.....except for her.

There was another "first" that year.  You changed your first diaper.  Well.....you didn't really change it.   You had Shannon change it for you but you were the one who supervised........no....that's not true.....you didn't supervise......Oh well,  You tried honey.

You probably didn't know that something you said last year meant the world to me. One day when I came home from work you said "I don't know how you ever did it; taking care of all of our kids and the house and doing my books for me too."  Thank you Honey for recognizing what I did.

I have to admit to you though Honey that taking care of our kids was never a problem for me.  I was so blessed to be able to stay home and be with them.  I was only able to do that because of how hard you worked for us all.

I have no idea what this year is going to bring.  I will continue to pray for the health and safety of our family and that God will help us all to do those things that He would like us to do.

My prayers will still be for you too Honey; that wherever you are, whatever you are doing that God will bless you also.  And my Darling, if it is possible, please watch out for us too.

My love will be with you throughout this New Year

and

Far Beyond the 12th of Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment