Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Letter to Danny December 4, 2011

It’s snowing outside.  As I drive along today, as always you are with me in my mind.  The falling snow, my love for you brought back another time, another place; you being away from me and me missing you.  You were at Fort Ord in basic training.  I left school and the snow was falling down in huge flakes.   The radio played Elvis Presley singing “I’ll have a Blue Christmas without You.”  I decided to drive for a while to try and capture the Christmas spirit, but all I felt was lonely.  Life has made a circle.  The snow is falling and my love for you and my missing you prevents the Christmas spirit from making its appearance.  I knew where you were back then.  I could open a map and point to the area I knew I could find you but I don’t know where you are today.  That makes your absence seem so much more prevalent, the pain so much more stabbing.  I love you honey.  Longer than the 12th of Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment