Monday, December 12, 2011

A Letter to Danny - December 12, 2011

Hello Darling:

I just posted "The Christmas Shack" on my blog.  Now that you are where you are, you will probably know what a blog is now.  Remember how you wanted to learn to use the computer.  I just didn't have enough time to teach you did I honey? 

When I posted "The Christmas Shack" I was remembering when I wrote it.  At the time, I remember feeling the loneliness...and the sadness of the old man I was writing about.  Maybe a part of me could feel what I am feeling now without you. 

Honey remember the Christmas Eve we had kept the kids' Santa gifts over at my mom's house.  Remember, she went up to Lola's in Bountiful and when we went over to get the presents, we found she had locked all her doors.  You had to break into her bedroom window.  I was standing outside the window laughing, hearing you swear as you tipped over the night stand and lamp. 

Then there was the time we hid them in the trailer house down at the shop.  We went down on Christmas Eve to get them to find we had lost the trailer house key in the snow.  There we were in the middle of the night looking for a key in the snow.  Those were such fun memories honey.  But then we had a lot of them didn't we.  I loved it when you painted Christmas candles on our front room window and I loved how you decorated the bushes at our Provo house and "Charlie" too.  Remember you even named a bush.  A bush named "Charlie." 

You always kidded me about putting up five trees in our Payson house but you were always the one to invite everyone in to see them. Thank you honey for allowing me to do all the things I did; when the kids and I turned our garage into a room where we could have our family parties, when we turned our basement into a spook alley, when we took your carefully stacked bales of hay and created a spook alley maze out of them.  You learned your lesson then didn't you. honey.  You had simply mentioned to me that we should have a "little party" for the grandkids on Halloween.   You should have known that your girls and I don't do "little" things.   For the next three years, your house was turned into spook alley's that would rival the commercial ones.  You would look at us and say in your sweet little term of endearment "What a bunch of loons."  But you would be the one out on your tractor building a cemetary for us and helping us hang "bodies" from your horse walker. 

Thank you my love for all of your support.  Thank you for your patience and your understanding.  Thank you for your encouragement.  Wherever you are tonight, again know in your heart the love I have for you is with you

Far Beyond the 12the of Never.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment