Saturday, November 17, 2012

, A Letter to Danny - November 17, 2012

Hi Honey:

If you were here, we would be snuggled down in our bed listening to the rain beating against the windows and you would say "I'm sure glad we're not sleeping out underneath the truck."  I don't know whatever prompted you to say that as I really don't remember a time we slept out under the truck.  But, you would say it and I would agree and right now, I'm sure glad I'm not out sleeping underneath a truck. 

I was trying to imagine today what things you might be doing wherever it is you're at.  Then the thought came to me that you are probably doing some pretty important things.  I think this, because of the spirit you had.  You truly had a wonderful spirit.  You loved your family, the earth, and the animals.  In so many ways, you were child like, and it only made me love you more.  I have your Bible with me; the one that you slept with under your pillow.  You wouldn't go to sleep without it. 

I want you to be happy where you are Honey...but not real happy.  As you use to say "Misery loves company" and since I am being miserable without you, I would really like for you to be a little miserable too. 

I want you to miss me and my Hersey bar like I miss you and your Pepsi.  I want you to miss my singing to you when we would go for rides and hearing me tell you that I love you.  I want you to miss my riding in your dump truck with you while we shared a lunch or when I helped you change your tires.  I want you to remember my riding on the side of your backhoe with you as we went out in the fields to load hay or to irrigate the fields.  I want you to miss my hearing you call me "Snuggler" or "Sweeter".  I want you to miss the noise of our home when all the kids came over and the laughing never ceased.  I want you to miss our life together, like I do. 

But I don't want it to consume you Honey, like I'm sure you don't want it to me.  I want you to go about doing what you need to do, but if you smell rain on hot cement, think of me. 

I love you Darling, and I will

Far Beyond the 12th of Never.

Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment