Monday, February 4, 2013

A Letter to Danny - February 4, 2013

Oh Honey.  This sucks so bad.

I was just getting to the point where I could breathe again after losing you and now it starts all over with Daren. 

I need you to help me with this one Honey.  I know, people have been losing loved ones for as long as there've been loved ones and I am just one of the grains of sand; a tiny piece of matter in the scheme of things.  But knowing I'm not alone in all the breaking hearts of time doesn't make the pain less. 

It does make me feel better to know you and Daren are together.  Rainee said she dreamed the other night that you and he were sitting in a cafe drinking coffee.  She saw you bent over the table with your hands around your cup and Daren sitting with his legs crossed drinking his.  You both looked so happy; laughing and talking. 

I will think of you both that way.  I will embedd that picture into my mind.

You know how I hated it when one of our family was by themselves.  At Christmas time, Thanksgiving, Easter, or whenever, it always bothered me if you or one of our children were spending it alone.  It comforts me that you are not alone and that he is not alone.  You have each other and that makes me feel better. 

Now, I am writing letters to you and our son, knowing that as they go off into the universe, you will catch them, read them, and know how much you are loved and missed.

I love you Honey.  I miss you so much. 

Far Beyond the 12th of Never

Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment