Friday, December 21, 2012

A Letter to Danny - December 21, 2012

Hi Honey:

This morning is one of those times that I'm not coping very well.  Strange how that is.  I go through the motions of living, and then all of a sudden missing you is so strong I almost become immobile.  I woke this morning missing just feeling your arms around me.  How I would love to have you hold me.  It is one of those things I could never have realized I would miss so much...a hug.

When you held me, I wasn't alone in this world.  You and I could face anything...together.  I can't feel your arms around me now.  I close my eyes and I try to recapture those times.  At the door in the morning as you left to go to work and you would put your arms around me.  Sitting next to you on the couch watching TV and you would put your arm around me.  I can even hear you say to me "Come over here and hold me for a minute."  It was important to you too wasn't it Honey.  Your arms are gone now.  I can't walk into them and feel them enclose me as my cheek laid against your chest and the smell of your Old Spice created memories in my mind. 

I wish there was a way to recapture all the hugs; store them in a box and take one out everyday and wrap it around me like a warm blanket.  "If wishes were fishes we'd all have a fry." 

I miss you Honey.

I love you

Far Beyond the 12th of Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment