Friday, October 19, 2012

A Letter to Danny - October 19 2012

Hi Honey:

I heard someone say the other day that when a person dies, people forget all about the bad that happened and puts that person on a pedestal.

I haven't done that Honey.  My memory is too good to forget about all the really bad times we had along the way.  The dramas we created for ourselves and those thrust upon us by others could have sent either one of us packing many times.  When I was asked what held us together, I answered that we both didn't fall out of love at the same time.

The fine line that separates love and hate is just that...a very fine line.  There were times we both walked that line like a tight-rope walker, struggling to stay balanced, tipping this way and that.  But someway Honey, we both ended up falling off and back to the "love" side.

If I had a scale, and put our bad times on one side and our good times on the other, would they balance or tip this way or that?  Does it matter?  I don't think so.

It is the trials of life that turns a person into who he or she is.  It's creates the being of that person.  Trials can make one grow bitter and hard and resentful, or create the opposite.  I don't think it is any different with a couple.  The things we went through, I know for certain, could have dissolved the commitment of other couples; they would have turned their backs and walked away.

We opened the door many times; the door that either of us could have walked out of, but our love for each other kept closing it before our steps fell over the threshold.

I honestly feel our love was unique; something stronger than the storms we faced.  I truly feel you were my soul mate; that I was born to be with you and you with me, come what may.

Then, on November 13, 2011 a door opened for you and you walked through it, closing it behind you.  That wasn't very nice of you.

Like I said, my love.  I feel I was born to be with you in this life and if that is so, then I will be with you in the next.

So listen for my knock on the door of the place you now call home (or have you left it open for me?)  That fine line of love and hate is no longer wobbly.  My steps walk solidly on the side of love.

I love you Honey,

Far Beyond the 12th of Never.

Susie

1 comment:

  1. Such a powerful blog.
    He must of been the love of your life.

    ReplyDelete