Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Letter to Danny - January 1, 2012

Hello Honey:

You know how I am sometimes.  I set and pick at life trying to understand but usually come up with about as much as when I started.

I'm entering a new year without you honey.  I haven't done that since 1961.  Of course I start feeling sorry for myself but then I have to stop and think.  I have had fifty years of loving you and being with you.  What a wonderful gift that has been.  Our life together has never been an easy one.  But through it all we stuck it out.  I think the success of our marriage was the fact that we never gave up on each other at the same time.  Thank you Honey for not giving up on me.  Thank you for hanging onto me when I was even losing myself.  Thank you for forgiving me and trusting me and believing in me.  Thank you for your sound advise and input.

As I lay last night, wrapped up in your flannel jacket, I though of how I wished you wouldn't have died.  But then I thought that perhaps life is so precious because it has no guarantees.  If we could live forever, perhaps we would never learn the importance or cherishing each and every moment of the day.  What makes life so good and matter so much is the knowledge that someday we will not have it so it is important to cherish it as it is......flaws and all.

Oh my gosh Honey we have had a bumpy ride of it haven't we.  But you know me honey.  There's nothing I like more than taking off on a dirt road with all its bumps, turns and  dead ends just so I can see where the road went.  Well Babe.  I took off on a dirt road with you forty-seven years ago.  We definitely ran into our share of obstacles didn't we.  But for each obstacle that we overcame, we became stronger, as a couple, as an individual and as a family.  I will go on a bumpy road with you any day of the year, in any dimension.  So if you happen to see one that you want to scope out, wait for me honey.  I want to go with you.

Happy New Year Darling

I love you

Far Beyond the 12th of Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment